We have tried our best to compile a list below of the frequently asked questions that we come across when registrations for the competition open and/or in the lead up to the Regional Final.
If you have any other questions please feel free to get in contact with our Competitions Coordinator and they will be able to help you out.
Click here to email us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the team have to have 3 competitors or can it be 2?
If registration is individual, how will you match my child with their team mates?
How do I know which Regional Final my child is eligable for?
Can my child compete in a Regional Final that isn't in our area?
We are entering teams through our school. Is there a maximum number of teams we can enter?
How many modules are there?
Will we get any hints as to what is involved prior to the day?
When will we hear what time we have to be there?
Can we please be in a later preliminary round as we have to drive a wee way to get the regional final?
Can we change our team name once we have registered?
When do we find out the results of our placing?
We placed in our regional final (1st, 2nd or 3rd), when do we expect to receive information about Grand Final?
What do contestants need to bring?
How long is the day?
How do winners get to Grand Final?
What if your kids really don’t know anything about farming?
Q: What do contestants need to bring?
· Proper attire and footwear for farm related challenges (get creative for a team theme).
· A good attitude and a willingness to learn!
Q: How long is the Day?
· Each team will partake in 8 modules each for 6 minutes.
· Should a contestants team make top 7 they will compete in the race- off which will be 15 minutes long.
· The length of the entire day will depend on how many teams have entered at each region, altering how many rounds are to be had throughout the day.
Q: How do winners get to Grand Final?
· Our AgriKids finalists will need to find their own form of funding to get to Grand Final.
· We suggest local sponsorship or fundraising!
Q: What If your kids really don’t know anything about farming?
· AgriKids is a contest focused on encouraging everyone to give it ago from all backgrounds.
· Contestants just need a good attitude and a willingness to learn, and they will have a good time.